India is a country with a diversity of culture, languages, lifestyle and also opportunities. We have skyscrapers, and then we have simple houses. We have Mountains, and then we are surrounded by the oceans, deserts and forests. And just like that, we have rapidly growing private sectors and flourishing government organisations as well.
While we are speaking about government organisations, there are various opportunities that one may have the golden opportunity to work with. And one such incredible job role no one wants to miss is, working as a police officer in the state of Bihar.
Let us consider some more information about Bihar Police Constable that might be beneficial for the aspirants:
- Bihar Police Constable exam is conducted at the state level by the Central Selection Board of Constables. Men and Women both are eligible to apply for the position.
- A candidate in the age bracket of 18 to 25 is eligible to appear for the exam. However, the age is relaxed for the reserved category and women.
- An aspirant must have cleared the 10 +2 from any government institution.
- For applying, the candidate must be an Indian citizen. Also, he/she must fit the physical eligibility criteria.
- There is no bar on the number of attempts a candidate can have if he/she fits the above criteria.
- The announcement of the exams are only done through the official and authorised website of CSBC.
- A candidate must successfully register on the website using the essential information and contact details. Once successful in registering, the candidate must provide scanned copies of documents, photograph and signature in approved formats.
- After submitting the documents, the candidate must pay the fees, only after which the application is accepted and only after approval of the application, the admit card is provided by CSBC.
- The selection process further consists of a Preliminary exam, Main exam, PET/PST (Physical Endurance Test/ Physical Standard Test), Medical Examination and then Document Verification.
Job Profile and Salary
- The Bihar Police Constable job profile includes writing First Investigation Report (FIR), City Patrol, Making arrests and carrying out the procedures, collecting shreds of evidence from the sources, taking statements, monitoring emergency situations.
- A Constable can be promoted in future as an Head constable or Assistant sub-inspector.
- The salary of the Bihar Police Constable includes Basic pay, Dearness Allowance, Medical Aid, House Allowance, Travel Allowance and Uniform Allowance.
- A candidate must serve the probation period after selection before becoming permanent on the job role.
Exams and results
- Only after clearing the preliminary examination, the candidate can appear for the main exams.
- The main written exam has various subjects such as General Awareness, Current Affairs, Biology, English, Hindi, Mathematics, Politics and Economics.
- Once the candidate qualifies for the written test, he/she must appear for the Physical Efficiency Test. Men and Women are examined according to the gender criteria.
- A candidate can check the answer key on the official websites after the exams. If he/ she is not satisfied or doubts something from the answer key, he/she may raise an objection in the given time.
- It is easier to evaluate the marks by checking the answer keys before the official, and final Bihar police constable result is out.
- There are various books which are recommended by the experts for the studies. An aspirant can also practice by appearing for the mock tests. It not only gives a brief idea about the exam pattern but also increases problem-solving skills.
For anyone dreaming of a government job where he/ she can serve the nation and monitor the betterment of the city, Becoming a Bihar Police Constable is a Golden Opportunity. A candidate should make sure he reads all the details carefully before attempting the exam. The better the knowledge, the easier it gets to start with the preparation.